Saturday, 16 June 2012

Westlife's Shane Filan declared bankrupt


The Westlife singer - who has three children, Nicole, six, Patrick, three, and two-year-old Peter with wife Gillian - has "exhausted all other options" in a last ditch attempt to save his failed property empire in Ireland.

Filan spent "months" working with a team of financial experts to help him get out of trouble, but he has now been ruled officially bankrupt at Kingston County Court, Surrey.

The 32-year-old star - who had to sell his Aston Martin for £322,000 - said: "Together with a team of financial and legal experts I have spent months exploring all possible alternatives to bankruptcy but to no avail. I have worked long and hard to try to reduce my debts, and I am devastated that it came to this conclusion.

"I now intend to focus on the remaining dates of the Westlife tour and my commitments to the band before looking to rebuild a future for my wife, my three children and myself."

No comments:

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...